Why Choose NC?

 

Self Access Centre ( SAC )

It is recommended that students consider the classroom time as about 25 % of their total study time with the other 75% being done in their own time. In this way, students can realistically cover the study time required to effectively improve their language ability. Research has shown that it takes an average of 400 hours study to increase by 1 IELTS band.

Listening Lab

   
Opening hours : Monday – Friday 9.00 am - 6.00 pm
  Saturday-Sunday  9.00 am - 6.00 pm   
Reading Corner    
Opening hours : Every day from 9.00 am - 6.00 pm
Speaking Club    
Wednesday - Friday at  3-4 pm  Mixed Level  
Saturday - Sunday at  4-5 pm  Mixed Level  

Writing Club

   
Monday   at  2-3 pm  Key Skills for IELTS, IELTS Writing, Speak-Write for IELTS, Academic Writing  
Tuesday  at  2-3 pm  Foundation for IELTS, Foundation Extension
Wednesday  at  2-3 pm  Key Skills for IELTS, IELTS Writing, Speak-Write for IELTS, Academic Writing
Thursday  at  2-3 pm  Foundation for IELTS, Foundation Extension
Friday   at  2-3 pm   Key Skills for IELTS, IELTS Writing, Speak-Write for IELTS, Academic Writing
Saturday  at  4-5 pm Foundation for IELTS, Foundation Extension
Sunday  at  4-5 pm  Key Skills for IELTS, IELTS Writing, Speak-Writefor IELTS, Academic Writing

Bonus Tutorial

 
Monday- Wednesday- Friday  at   3.30 - 4.30 pm
Saturday and Sunday at   4 - 5 pm

 

SAC Writing practice marked with consultation

The self-access centre at New Cambridge is an ideal environment to practise skills presented in the classroom in order to reinforce the learning process. New Cambridge places great emphasis on writing skills development, traditionally an area which causes problems for Thai learners as they prepare for the IELTS examination. The SAC has a wide range of writing assignments for students to develop their writing skills. These assignments are assessed by teachers and a score is given. In addition, the teacher who marks the script will indicate where the major errors lie, what form the errors take and how to remedy them.
 

In addition, the marker gives some comments about the script and how to improve both the content and the format. When students are working on a writing assignment, a teacher is always available in the SAC to give help and advice about how to tackle the assignment. To sum up, support is available at all stages of the writing process: when planning the assignment, during the writing phase, and finally the re-writing stage, when the true learning is consolidated.